The kids were eating Halloween cookies while I was cleaning up in the kitchen.
Taylin: "Mommy, how do we get in your tummy?"
I didn't answer immediately due to shock, fear and lack of what to say.
Taylin: "You know, when you get married, how does the baby get in the tummy?"
I am almost embarrassed to share my response, but it seemed to satisfy the curiosity.
Mom: "Well...Mommy has an egg and Daddy has a sperm. The sperm finds the egg and a baby grows. It is like when you plant a seed. A plant sprouts from it." Something like that. Luckily I had some pictures, and there was no further questions, phew!
Fail or pass me? We will see.
I am still going with honesty is the best policy and using accurate terms. So far I am not regretting that.
3 comments:
that's what we did with all of them and it is funny that now that they are older it went from oh...to ooow yuck! i;ve heard enough! :) Good Job Mom!!
I'm scare of that time. Wow you are so brave. I get blush when Nicky tells me that she can kiss in the mouth when she gets married in the temple. I can't imagine when she ask me about you know harder subject.
WOW! I had to laugh out loud at that one Amanda! Carson asked me when he was 2, yes TWO! How does the baby get in AND out! I didn't use technical terms, just told him God puts the baby there when it's time... It's amazing what these kids think about!
Post a Comment