Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tender Moments...

...in more ways then one. David has scouts on Wednesday nights with the youth, so I do the entire bedtime routine by myself. Sometimes it is very tiring or complicated, depending on how tired and needy the kiddos are. I too was exhausted after a busy, full day. However, it turned to be very sweet. I enjoy the end of the day reflection. I tried asking Taylin if she wanted to share anything special, different, interesting she experienced or learned today. I think I was trying to stretch her too much. She thought the princess party she attended was the best thing. I would agree, we don't do those every day. I tried even harder...did you learn anything special about Anna? Her response, "She likes princesses." I didn't try it with the others.


We proceeded with scripture and reading time. I don't read with them on the floor anymore, due to comfort. We were already upstairs, so I didn't trek downstairs to the couch for a more cuddly reading. Instead I sat on the rocking chair in the play room and attempted to read as a school teacher would with them around the chair on the floor. They just love to cuddle at this time of night, that it wasn't working so well. First Cohen wanted to sit in my lap. Then came Kennedy. Down went Kennedy. Then Taylin...up came Kennedy again. Yep, all three plus a prego belly in a rocking chair that I was rocked in, so it was feeling the load too. After Kennedy climbed over everyone, we dismembered and tried the classroom method to quickly finish our stories.



We still rock Kennedy to sleep. All my kiddos have been rockers. Maybe that is just because we, as parents, are rockers. It is such a special end to the day. After Kennedy the older kiddos wanted to be rocked too. Well, age increased and space decreased as each waited their turn and fell asleep after being rocked. When it was Taylin's turn, she started to climb into my "lap" and said, "I hope this works." I smiled and thought to myself me too, because once she falls asleep I have to carry her to her bed which is a top bunk. Well, she eventually got comfortable and I rocked. Not too long, she was able to make her way up the last two steps of the ladder to bed. She just wanted an extra moment with mom tonight.


Kids have great instincts. They are realizing one more little one is going to squeeze onto my lap. They also know this one is going to get a bit more of my time. I love them so much and never knew I could love any more than one. They make it so easy!




Second moment: We received the rest of our family pictures to view online today. I had mentioned it to Taylin earlier. She asked me after dinner to look at them. I started the slide show which is so tenderly set to music and let her view them while I cleaned up dinner. I heard her comment occasionally with an, "Aww that is so cute." And "I love that," or "Look at Cohen/Kennedy." I came back to look at them with her and see what she thought. I was not expecting what I saw at all. She had her head propped on her hands as she watched the slide show continue. I then heard her sniffle and saw her face. I asked her what was wrong. Her tender reply was, "Mom, these are so sweet. It just makes me cry." We then shared a moment together and talked about how special our family is. Sometimes her emotions are stronger than I know what to do with. Taylin has such a big heart. I know she is so aware and sensitive to everything around her.


Tyan really captured the family well. I will post some pictures here as soon as I figure out how. And can narrow it down enough.

7 comments:

EmmyMo said...

Oh, that made ME get teary. I have always been super sensitive, and Kathryn has gotten that from me (genetically). She will be so excited to see Mike when he comes home that she'll cry and sometimes say, "Mommy, my eyes are wet!" while laughing. Sweet girls.

RAPN! said...

Your family is so cute! I found your blog through Janelle! I hope your pregancy is going well!

Janene said...

How sweet! Taylin is the cutest, sweetest little girl. You're so nice and patient to let them all climb up on your lap! Just a little longer, right?

Rhiannon said...

You have such a sweet family!! Good luck narrowing down your favorite pictures- picking only a few out of her photo session was NOT an easy thing to do. I stared at mine for days! From what I saw on Tyan's blog, you may have that same problem! They are so beautiful, but then again it is easy for pictures to turn out so amazing when you are shooting the Galloways!! Cutest family ever!!

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

what a beautiful moment to remember Amanda. You are a wonderful mom. Tylin has such a beautiful soul and heart and I'm sure that comes from you and David you guys are great:)

Lauren said...

What a sweet post! I can't wait to see your pics. It took me months to decide on ours. She is just too good!

Stamp With Linz said...

*darling*
I want to see the pictures!