Wednesday, June 24, 2009

101st Post

Just because...

I am learning how to be the best mom I can be for Cohen at this beautiful stage of his life. We are struggling with laziness and focus...mom is anyways. I ask him to pick up over and over again. I try to make it fun and still trying new things. I am too OCD to just leave the mess. I have done the gobble bag. He doesn't miss his toys enough. I need to be better at it. I think he would lose all his toys in a few days. Well...today...just moments ago I asked Cohen to put his toys in the bin. It was a feat just to get the bin near the toys. I told him he could bulldoze them in the bin. Sounds fun, right? Well nothing happened. I turned around again and the pile is still on the floor. It would be soooo easy for me to take all of five seconds and do it myself, but I asked him with a firmer voice to pick up his toys.
Cohen said, "I can't hear you, because I am busy!"



This is why I feel a bit frustrated, but he still made me smile.

2 comments:

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

BOYS! Nicky is very nice and like to help around. She can do her chores with out asking her to do so. Ian on the other hand (sight).
I think is a boy thing. They are just being boys by not cleaning around.

Kate said...

He's being a boy! Grant does the same thing and it drives us crazy!! I hope that it gets better:)