Monday, December 28, 2009

Little Miss Muffet


Taylin's kindergarten classes have been learning through nursery rhyme themes. They each picked a nursery rhyme and were to bring props. They would later recite them in small groups. Some were soloist. What a good job they all did. Taylin chose Little Miss Muffet. She had it down right away. We practiced at home. Since she was so confident in the reciting, I encouraged some acting. She kept assuring she knew what she was supposed to do. She did tell me she was going to run away like Miss Muffet does. I thought that is what they all would do. As I watched so many nervous little bodies on stage, I quickly realized this was a big enough to do for some of them to be dressed in their costumes and props. Then they did well to remember and recite in front of so many people. Any kind of acting wasn't on their agenda. One sweet girl was a big fluffy Humpty Dumpty. She could barely walk up to the stage, but the fright got the best of her. Taylin's group of Little Miss Muffets got up. I wasn't sure why she was the only one sitting on the floor...no where near the microphone. I then realized, she was the actor.

P.S. I had leggings for her to wear underneath, but she didn't think she needed them. Her teacher tried to encourage them, insisting that it was cold. She didn't think it was a necessary part of the costume.

3 comments:

Stamp With Linz said...

What a cutie! Maybe it was good she didn't have a speaking part- you might have encouraged an accent of some other country and thoroughly confused her. :)

DNAgallows said...

Ahhh, great laughs. Lindsey, she has greater potential than I...far from my bearded lady act. I will send her to you for tips, while I stay on the sports field.

The Fam! said...

That was great. I am so impressed with her courage. I just read your comment on my blog. No worries about not seeing us. We were sad to miss you, but when it is a family activity that is usually how it goes for us. We may take you up on visiting where it is warmer. If not this year sometime then hopefully next year.