Friday, April 20, 2012

Our Ten Year Anniversary

The Friday before we left, March 9th was our actual anniversary.  I got a babysitter and David found a yummy place for dinner.  Quaint and delicious, "Asi Es La Vida."  We enjoyed good company, good service and a good meal.  Thanks, Love!
You might not notice in the above picture.  If you look closely you might see this (see picture below) is what happens when you have been married for ten years.  Well, if you play church basketball the night before.  He warned me he was coming home with a lot of blood and a gash.  After playing ball with several doctors when the injury occurred, guess who got to bandage David up, me.  So if it looks funny, I guess it is my fault.  Wait, no...the guy who shared his elbow with David.
It looked a little better by the time we went to Ohio.  Not healed enough to be discrete.  I think David forgot it was there.  Some people didn't say anything.  Many commented on our happiness in ten years of marriage.  Maybe funny the first time or two, but it wasn't so original after that.  His strips fell off somewhere between flights at some airport, probably Denver.  He didn't have a mirror, so he took a picture with his phone.  Is there a mirror app?  There should be.  If there isn't, I am patenting that.  I guess there are phones that you can see the screen while the camera is pointed at you.
 Our fancy and efficient Yaris for the week.  It made David look big!
 Our new hometown, in the city of Cincinnati.
David's new work.  This is the office building, 6th floor.
The medical campus is huge, HUGE!  We got lost trying to find where we parked, the underground parking.  It was my fault.  David was going to go back the way we came.  I insisted we not walk through the hospital tunnels again and just walk outside.  We walked and walked and walked.  David will get some exercise in the next three years.  Did I tell you the campus was huge?

 We had dinner and a movie one night.  While waiting, we just "hung out."  We found David's photo up ;)
 Look at this face.
 Trying to look intimidating.  I failed and just looked mad.  I am terrible at these games.
 The motorcycle one was fun.  I leaned a little too far when picking my on-screen ride and got a burley dude on his low riding Harley.  It wasn't good for the terrain I chose.  It was funny...well, probably just to me. 

 David looking very intense.  Serious skills, and a picture of his better, uninjured side.
 We did do a photo booth, but had different results.  The camera was too high, so David joined in with his friends.
We found a house, a mobile house that folds up.  The kids didn't believe us, darn.  Our lame humor attempt.  We enjoyed down time too.  It was nice to not have anything to do.  We had a few things planned that were unique to Cincinnati.  David had planned a morning massage.  I told him I was content with a slow paced morning and drive to get to know the city.  We can explore more in the next three years.  I know we won't have babysitting already covered, but house hunting was exhausting.  I didn't mind chilling out in our comfy room.  We bought our food at the grocery store after we arrived and stocked up our fridge.  It was nice for the savings and ready when we were hungry.  Our last day of running around we got rained on and hailed on before heading up to Dayton.  We were trying to remember what those canopy things on a stick were that you hold over your head so you don't get wet.  Oh, yah, an umbrella, which we haven't owned in three years.  That will be on our list.
 It was abnormally warm.  The weather was just like Phoenix winters, so we were overdressed the whole week.  I will have to purchase a heavier coat in the near future.  This one was not the lucky winner.  The warm weather didn't motivate me to buy it, nor did a few other factors.  We were browsing this shop while waiting on a future co-worker for lunch.  We ate at this delicious little cafe.  I will be going back!  Love it.  No picture of it...just this entertaining one.
 We started in Ohio and were headed to another area in Ohio, but we still had to cross the Kentucky border to get there.  I will figure it out when we get there.  I hope.
 This isn't our first anniversary that we have happened upon a Naval Museum.  We enjoy them.  This was free, so why not.  It was an adventure to get there.  We entered two of the naval base entrances (our GPS was a little off), they were probably ready to laugh at us as we told them we were there for the museum.  They humored us as we got out of all the other people's way and U'eed out.  This museum was huge and we didn't have time to see it all.  We will take advantage of it with the kids sometime, while we live near there. 



We were glad to get back to these lovely kiddos.  Thank you Lauren and Layton for being so good to our kids while we were away.  Lauren spent her Spring Break from Law School to be with our munchkins for most of the week.  The kids had a great time.  We felt very at peace knowing they were in good hands.  We look forward to sharing what we found with the kiddos.  We think they are going to love it!

I can't believe it has been ten years.  It has been wonderful: four moves, four kids, too many degrees to count and lots of fun even when it was difficult.  We look forward to many more years together!  I wouldn't have done anything differently.


1 comment:

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you!! So many things you have accomplished already! Since day one when I met David I told Glenn he was the clone of the guy in the movie American Pie. I even rented a movie where that actor appears to prove my point. He was laughing so bad at the amazing resemblance!