Teague shared with whomever would let him squeeze in. His crib mattress sprung a spring, so it was sent to the garbage.
The boys' new room in Cincinnati. The owner painted all the rooms for us, but left this one. He thought we wanted it. No thanks! Even if it was for a nursery, this isn't my preference.
We took off the lovely wallpaper. It was a family affair.
Guess how tall the photographer was that took this photo?
Scraping, scraping and peeling. Repeat!
We found the original purple underneath when they had a girl. Then they added the yellow when the nursery was for their boy.
Add some "Kilz" before painting desired color.
Cohen picked Safari Green. Daddy does the painting. The kids do a few coats. I take the final photos. Good job!
I wouldn't want to paint every room, especially if it has wallpaper that needs to be removed, but it motivated me to make changes and paint if and when we wanted to. We learned a lot. The owner let us use his materials and gave us tips. He was overwhelmed, so we took on a few of the projects.
The owner said there was wood flooring under the carpet in the dining room. David inquired about making that become our flooring. He was game, it just wasn't ready for us when we moved in. In this picture all it is lacking is some trimming cleaned up and an added trim between rooms.
Meanwhile all the stuff for the kitchen that I had no idea where it would go went between rooms. This little breakfast nook was our eating area for a week or so. I had to move fast. When did I get so much kitchen stuff? This kitchen is smaller than our last. Pros and cons on that.
Our first "formal" dinner in our new home.
The kids bathroom. The blue bathroom. It was out of commision for a few days while we waited on the owner to put in a medicine cabinet.
I am working on an alternative to the "under the sea" theme. I am thinkng a deep/mustard yellow curtain and accents or navy blue and red. I know it is the kids bathroom, but I have to be in there quite a bit too. It is at the top of our stairs, so I see it alot. It is small, so I have to figure out something that will not overwhelm the small space, but compliment the blue. The blue doesn't bother me. I have found some fun ideas. I am just too indecisive.
The lovely switch plate. Easy and cheap replacement, but I won't go white. We shall see. The walls need to be repainted too. I am not sure if I will do white again or something...hmm...well, something else.
Our van in its new itty bitty living space. The owner was doubtful it would work. He thought our van was too wide. I finally thought it was skinny enough and pulled in with some guidance by David. Cohen was panicked the entire time. He didn't believe it would work either.
Like a glove! And there it sat for a day or two. I then had to build confidence in backing out without losing side mirrors. I did it and didn't have to pull the mirrors in. Yeah! David's Little Black Bean (Ford Focus with a hatch) could do 360s in here!
Stay tuned. I hope to post our Teletubby basement. Very interesting paint for the basement. We probably won't change it. It is an unfinished basement and we will probably leave it that way. It is nice in the summer, so we have enjoyed some time down there already. It brings such happy thoughts!
3 comments:
What a fun slumber party :)
They look so cozy together. How adorable. How is the new house now? Can't wait to see some photos! :)
OKOK! "Read more" does give me more info! LOL! Fun to read about all the innovations over there! Once you are done you would be so proud and it will all worth it!
Post a Comment