Here is a link that I followed:
http://www.chicaandjo.com/2008/04/16/recycle-old-broken-crayons-into-fun-new-shapes/
I found some fun ice trays online for little cost...after shopping around at local stores and no luck, except to pay way too much money. Side note: I did find some neat ice trays that made your ice cubes look like jewels.
Here are some of the results.


If you are interested in doing some yourself, I am more than willing to share the trays. I can't use them for anything else. I can only make so many crayons. I am thinking what else I can use them for. The kids really do like to color with crayons again!
Tips: I would use the stovetop method. I did one in the oven and it tipped...I am sure that can be remedied with a tray under. Also use old pots or your food you cook in it will have a little extra crayon taste. That isn't the spice I have been looking for.
3 comments:
thanks for sharing this great idea! i'm gonna give it a whirl with the kids bucket full of broken crayons!
That is such a great idea!!! Those turned out really good.
Katy
Way cute, I have also melted them in some wax and made candles. the crayons are the color and you can add some wonderful oil for a scent.
Post a Comment