Sunday, January 11, 2009

Early Thanksgiving

Yes...almost two months later...


After David arrived from an interview from North Carolina, we drove up to my dad's for an early Thanksgiving with the Cotten family. We enjoyed being with cousins and soon to be one more cousin (Rex & Ashley's little one). Ryan and Rex were there and we all had our spouses with us. It was nice to have us all there. Colette came up the night before with her kiddos before she traveled for an early Thanksgiving with other family. We also enjoyed our Thanksgiving meal with Papa Dan and Mama Mary. It wasn't a quiet Thanksgiving by any means, but a joyful one.


It was Rex and Ashley's last Thanksgiving where they could just sit back and watch our chaos (or join in, Rex). We also announced our addition to my family with our t-shirts, posted earlier and much more timely. The kids enjoyed being outside with the leaves, donkeys, horses, swings and family.
Even though...it was a bit chili!
The kids saw Pappy with a gun as he shewed off a coyote. This was an educational experience and a first. David has gone dove/duck hunting since then. The kids are slowly learning about hunting. I have tried to explain the circle of life a little, but they are still concerned about the harm. David didn't bring any feathered friends, so we didn't have to explain further. Nor did I have to try and figure out how to cook/eat it.





David had to work Thanksgiving week, so we enjoyed Thanksgiving here in Temple. We felt very at home with our friends, the Gerrards and the McCrackens. The turkey was the best turkey ever with all the works. So yummy! They were so kind to include shrimp cocktails...one of my family's favorites. They even talked me to Black Friday shopping. I dread shopping much less the chaotic early shopping. It went well. I got everything I had planned at great prices by 630AM. Wahoo! I might try it again. Thanks to all who welcomed us and times we enjoyed for the Thanksgiving holiday.

1 comment:

DNAgallows said...

P.S. Thanks Ryan for the wonderful photos to add. We got the goofy ones, but you got the more photogenic poses. Thanks!