Thursday, June 9, 2011

"C" is for Cowboy

The end of the year was busy with all of the end of the year activities.  Taylin and Cohen had various fun activities the last couple of weeks.  I had to stay on my toes to keep up and maybe one step ahead.  It has been a slight challenge this year with Cohen following only one year behind Taylin.  He is a competitive little guy.  He wanted to do everything Taylin was doing.  Taylin would remember what she did in kindergarten and let Cohen know if he was doing it correctly or not.  Homework was a different experience as well.  I am not sure if Cohen had more, or it was more work for me to keep him motivated.  I imagine it was a little bit of both.  They are both great kids and do things a little differently.  They also are great buddies.  It was cute to see how quickly Taylin's friends became Cohen's friends. 

There were things that Taylin participated in last year that I was excited for Cohen to participate in.  We knew what kind of prep we needed when it was time for the Alphabet Parade to wrap up the year.  Cohen was given the letter "C."  Very appropriate.  He also wore the letter with more pride as it started his name also.  After spending a fun weekend with my dad, Pappy, Cohen has been influenced by cowboy attired.  He has worn his boots a little more often and then chose to be a Cowboy to represent the letter "C."  I was grateful.  It wasn't anything the imagination couldn't handle.  With the help of a friend lending a hat and horse.  We were able to put everything together.  I also found the perfect material to conjure up some chaps and a vest.  He sure is a cute cowboy.  A cowboy with dimples:

 Part of the assignment was to post the letter.  I thought it would be fun to make it as if it were a rodeo number. 
 A little too distracted by all the other letters to do bell work.  It is always fun to see what other kiddos and families come up with. 

Getting ready to parade around the school, in and out of classrooms.  Time to stand in alphabetical order. 

Mrs. Marcus's class parading their letters.  So fun!

1 comment:

LWV said...

he looks so so cute in that cowboy outfit!