We received tickets through David's work to go to Wet N Wild. It was a day we had a few things going in the late afternoon/evening, but we had enough time to go for a few hours. Four and a half hours was enough for us to enjoy the time and not too long that we were completely wiped out. We really weren't sure what to expect or how the kids would react. When you walk in they give the kids wrist bands with the color according to their height. The rides were also color coded for which rides the kids were tall enough for. Genius!
We had one in each category. Teague didn't fit a tag. Then each of the other children were in each category. Teague could do things with a life jacket and a parent. We, the couple that is height challenged, had a child that was tall enough for all the rides. We weren't sure how daring Taylin would be to try them, but we would find out soon enough.
There was a children's play area that looked fun. I think had we hung out there long enough, they would have lasted all day. It was a bit busy. Not with just people, but water coming from all directions and lots to do. So I think it was a bit overwhelming for the kiddos. The kids wanted to go to the wave pool. I wasn't sure they would like it. I remember going when I was younger, not as young as them and quite a bit better swimmer than they are now. It was overwhelming for me. I felt thrown around like a rag doll. I don't remember if it was crowded or what. The kids loved it. There were times Taylin would come up for air and another wave would come at her. She handled it well, but I kept a close eye on her. There were four lifeguards, but lots of people. I honestly don't know how they would see a person in distress until time had passed.
Cohen loved just floating in his life jacket as the waves carried him through the water. I was quite surprised. He is not as confident or comfortable in the water. This summer his confidence has improved, but in such circumstances I wasn't so sure. I kept going around to see his facial expressions to make sure he wasn't worried. He was having a blast. I would stand close, so they could grab on for relief every once in a while. David would take Kennedy in and out of waves. She too loved the wave pool. We spent most of our time there.
We went with the Cervantes family. It was nice to have the company. We switched off when the kids wanted to go and try some other rides or play areas. It was also nice to have company when our spouses went off to do something else with a kid or two.
Taylin went with David and Santino on the "Roller Coaster" ride. She loved it. Then she got me to go. It really was a blast. My favorite ride. I would have done it several times, but we wanted to spend our time trying other things out. There was one time on the ride her little bum sunk down in the tube and she had a hard time getting back in position. I couldn't help her. It made me a little nervous (...a common feeling throughout the day. I tried not to show it, so we all could enjoy ourselves. The kids are doing better at swimming, but not the strongest swimmers.). She recovered nicely and had fun. I won't say who screamed more, even though she was the adult ;) It was very fun!
We talked Cohen into trying one of the three rides he was tall enough to do. It was a family sized raft (holds 3-4 riders). There were two rides next to each other. The lines went up the steps side by side. We were in line for the yellow ride. It made a curve or two and then dropped quite steep and then would ride up a wide wall from the momentum and then coast to the end. Short, but a rush. As we ascended up the steps, we got higher and higher and it was quite cold. They had misters on and a natural breeze. I continued to watch riders come down and wonder how Cohen would react. I was getting butterflies. I am not sure if it was for me or for him. He is not usually a risk taker. He likes to play it safe and is very cautious. He didn't hesitate. It was Polly, Taylin, Cohen and I going on this ride. I kept telling Polly that I wasn't sure he would like it and that he would probably be ready to exit the park after this ride. Then all kinds of thoughts went through my head. What if one of the kids were backwards going down? That could be scary. What if they couldn't hold on tight enough? It wasn't a situation we were sitting close enough I could be of much help. The lines parted to two different slides. I was convinced the red ride (the line in which we weren't in) would go smoother. Conveniently, a group next to us wanted to be in our line. We switched without any behind us wondering what cutting was going on. We got on the red ride. I sat backwards to start. I knew this would be a bit intimidating for the kids. Then, I came to find out, I would be backward the whole time. I was a bit worried for Cohen and asked him several times if he was holding on tight. He was enjoying the ride, even when the water came up over the sides and over him. I again let out a few squeals, because I couldn't see what turn was next. The kids were laughing and having a good time. We all stayed in the raft just fine. Phew!
We were nearing the end of the day and decided we needed one last go. The Lazy River hadn't been open all morning. Then it opened with a long line. By the time we got done with the previous ride, the line was down. We took advantage and hopped in. Everyone was excited...except Teague. Getting on a raft was a little chaotic. I was on one with Teague and Cohen. It was a double tube (like an 8 shape). Cohen was in his own side with his life jacket. I got on the other side and had Teague in my lap with his life jacket. He was a bit uncomfortable with the whole idea and tired at this point. He cuddled into a little ball, even with the bulky jacket. He didn't want to see a part of it and was relieved when it was over. He didn't scream or resist. He just kept close and very still. The girls were with David. David and Kennedy in a single tube and Taylin in her own tube. We were a bit a head of them, so I am not sure the details of their experience. They were smiling every time I got a glimpse of them.
We had a fun time. We will do it again. I do not have pictures. Number one, because water and electronics don't mix well. Number two, water park equals swimsuits. Enough said. A great family and friends day. Thanks Cervantes for joining us!
No comments:
Post a Comment