
We have reached the 5 year expiration date for car seats or have grown out of them. All at once!!!! I got the girls seats first. Kennedy has outgrown her infant carrier. Cohen's actually expired last December. We thought we had until this December. Now we know why it was on sale. The manufacture date was 6-18 months before the actual day we purchased it. We were ignorant. I just passed Taylin's onto Cohen (good until April). Between now and April I will be looking for Cohen's car seat.
I was against getting a gender specific car seat. This has worked for the infant car seats, since they only are good one year/child. That is why we have our kiddos close together...to get the most use out of a car seat! If you really think that is why, you kind of know us! Since kids are in car seats for life now, they pretty much keep their seat. I just have to make sure the seat they get will last them five years. So I went for it and got pink, flowery seats for the girls. I can't find anything exciting for Cohen. He did catch me searching and I found this one.
He loved it! Only problem is it is a booster seat. He has to be 40lbs to have one of those. He might weigh that much in 1st grade. I also want to keep the kids in a five point harness as long as possible. I will cut 'em loose at 16...they might be 80 lbs by then, j/k! My main reason for this entry...I am looking for a camo car seat for Cohen with a five point harness. I have had no luck. If you have any leads, please send them my way. I do want to avoid the covers.
Also good to know: when disposing of your car seat, make sure you cut the straps and disassemble/destroy it as much as possible, so it cannot be used by anyone. Also dump in a black trash bag and parts separately. This keeps dumpster divers from getting unsafe car seats out there. It was sad to tear up a pricey seat! When fire departments take them...and they will. They sledge hammer them or use a chain saw! Please don't try that at home, unless you have some serious stress to relieve.
No comments:
Post a Comment