
The kids and I have enjoyed David's lighter schedule. They have done some fun things. I thought I would post the tent/fort they built in our living room. Taylin loved it and wanted to live in it. Cohen wanted to climb on it and shine the flashlight through it. That is a problem. Kennedy went in and out and wanted to pull on it. It was an entertaining adventure...all the kiddos loved it and will remember these times with their Dad!

He is also working on making a castle for them. It is the few hours of Architecture from A&M he got in before deciding to go the doctor route! We have had such special moments together. I have pondered my role as mother, wife and homemaker. I have kept myself pretty busy and not given my children as much time as I should. I have allowed for more flexibility in my schedule for spontaneity with the kiddos. I think we have all enjoyed it! In the last couple of weeks we have spent the afternoon at the children's museum last minute. We read books under the covers with a flashlight. We have done random science experiments. Today the apartment sprinklers were on and I took my kiddos, my neighbor/good friend and her kiddos to the sprinklers followed by a water balloon fight. I think my friend was surprised I didn't have the kids change. She has tried to get me to let the kids play in the large mud puddle between our buildings. I hesitated...stripped Cohen down to a diaper...trusted Taylin wouldn't get in...wrong. They didn't get in it much. They know their mom or I have created unadventurous kids. Until the sprinklers...I know we are adventurous. Watch out! Here is the mini video from last fall in the puddle. I was so spontaneous with the other things that I didn't grab the camera. I will do better!
Enjoy all the little moments. They all count for something big!
No comments:
Post a Comment